Monday, February 28, 2011

The Workout Skirt: A Great Idea or a Silly Fad?

Is the workout skirt a great idea or a silly fad? There seems to be very strong opinions on both sides! Regarding the workout skirt, I have heard everything from "they should be banned from races" to "they're my favorite bottom to race in!" I, for one, am a HUGE fan of the workout skirt for a couple of reasons.

1. They include chafe-free compression shorts (not all do, but you should buy on that does!)
2. They leave something to the imagination! Seriously, how many times have you seen someone in spandex shorts and you feel as though you shouldn't be looking because they appear essentially naked? You can see everything! And what percentage of the female population actually looks good in super-tight AND super-short bottoms? Perhaps 0.5%. I am not one of those 0.5%! :)

So the skirt portion of the workout skirt, for me is a piece of comfort. And I think a lot of women agree. The workout skirt gives you the freedom to move as if you were just wearing spandex shorts, and positive body image self-confidence. Together these are powerful feelings for fueling your next personal best! :)

ellasport's Workout Skirt is below.

5 comments:

  1. I love workout skirts, but I have yet to find one that doesn't shrink in the wash (the skirt part, I mean). The two I have are, at this point, just as revealing as they would be if I weren't wearing a skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let the debate begin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love running skirts. I haven't run in shorts in a few years, and even have some pants and capris with skirts attached!

    ReplyDelete
  4. EmLit - Oh no! That defeats the purpose of the skirt! :) Well I can say that the ellasport skirt does not shrink. I find that many of the workout skirts are too short. There was a time when I wore my Nike tennis skirt to workout in - it was perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  5. merrymishaps - I can't remember the last time I worked out in shorts! I wish I could but they drive me crazy with every stride I take. Moisture-wicking Capris with a lot of compression are my savior :).

    ReplyDelete