Friday, December 24, 2010

NYC Half-Marathon Training!

It's official.  My training for the NYC half-marathon has officially begun!  After 7 LONG miles on the treadmill this afternoon, I questioned, yet again, why the heck I signed up for a half-marathon at the end of March in New York!  Read:  it's freezing in New York right now and I hate running in the cold!  Yes, I'm a baby and only like running when it's warm outside, BUT I literally can't breathe when it's cold outside!  Last New Years Eve Rob and I ran the five-mile run in Central Park, which kicks off at midnight.  It was hovering around 0 degrees that night, and I felt like I was running with an elephant on my chest!  I just couldn't get enough air/oxygen into my lungs to run a good pace.  SO  I'm REALLY hoping for a hot March 21, 2010 for the NYC Half this year!!
Here's a pic from last years race, which was on a beautiful hot, humid, sunny day. :)
Happy Sweating!
Pam
NYC Half-Marathon 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment