Thursday, December 23, 2010

NYC Half-Marathon!

As soon as the NYC Tri was finished I focused on training for the NYC Half-Marathon.  Sadly, my bike and I took way too much time apart.  I think I finally took the race sticker off my bike last weekend, when I went for my first ride after the Tri!
So the day of the half-marathon was SO hot and humid!!  By mile 1 in Central Park I looked around at my fellow runners and everyone was just soaked in sweat, already!  It was my first half-marathon distance run and I think it went well considering I have never been so thirsty and drank so much EVER during a race!  I can't tell you how much time I lost waiting for the people behind the water stations to fill up a copy with Gatorade or water.  I'd grab one cup of each, sip on the Gatorade and dump the water over my head and keep running.   When it's as hot and humid as it was that day, there is nothing like the feel of ice cold water running down your scalp and back.  It gives you this little boost of energy that helps you keep on runnin'.  And that I did for my first 13.1. miles ever :).
Below are some pics from the finish with the ellasport girls :).   We're each wearing different tanks.  From left to right the tanks are: the Chelsea Racerback Tank; the Gramercy Racerback Tank; and the Stanton Sport Tank.
Tell me about your latest race or fun work out!
Happy Sweating!
Pam
ellasport at the NYC Half-Marathon
P8151108

No comments:

Post a Comment