Thursday, December 23, 2010

NYC Nautica Triathlon A Success!

It was my second time completing the New York City Nautica Triathlon this year and it was such a great race!!  Last year during the run I seriously thought I was just going to melt and/or pass-out and die!  It was 90 degrees and 95% humidity at 4 am.   This year, despite the downpour during transition setup at 4:30 am, it was much better racing weather.
I was able to take six minutes off my run and one minute off of my bike times from last year.  HOWEVER, my transition times were slower than last year!!  I guess I need to practice running in my wetsuit???  Judging from the picture below, maybe I could have picked up the pace during my wetsuit run...seeing as I was able to smile though the Hudson River grime all over my face!! :)  This picture really makes me laugh.

47511-1072-018f
A total time of 2 hours and 56 minutes is ok with me...for this year.  Next year the goal is 2:50!!   With this race behind me for another year there is some level of relief because the pressure to stick with a training schedule is gone. I even drank yesterday!  At the same time I feel a bit lost.  Today is Sunday and I have a gazillion things on the never ending "to-do" list yet I am not sure what to do with myself.  I think I need that weekly bike ride to Nyack in order to get things done when I get home??  I don't know!
I do plan to run in the the New York City Half-Marathon on August 16th...which I am completely not ready for because my ITB injury has kept me from adding enough miles to my run!!!  SO I am not totally off the training hook - nor would I want to be...I think a daily dose of kicking my butt keeps me productive in other areas of life :).
Below are a couple of photos from the race last weekend.
Happy sweating!
Pam
47511-758-009f

 47511-2269-003f

No comments:

Post a Comment